As 2014 comes to a close, I’m happy to report that the CASTAC organization and blog have thrived in the past year. Our organization has experienced an expanded groundswell of participation throughout the year, and at our annual CASTAC meetings. The CASTAC Blog has also seen an exciting range of content and new voices. In an effort to expand its organization and leadership, CASTAC is now seeking an Outreach Manager who will be responsible for promoting the CASTAC organization and working with the blog team. The CASTAC Blog is also inviting applications for two new Associate Editors, who will solicit new authors and content, and helm posts in their particular areas of specialty.
For more details see below. Please forward this announcement widely!
The Outreach Manager will be responsible for increasing CASTAC’s public visibility across social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook and the web sites of relevant academic departments and associations. Responsibilities include:
- Writing and posting CASTAC news and announcements on CASTAC’s website and social media pages
- Promoting CASTAC activities on social media and anthropology- and STS-related websites, ensuring that CASTAC has a vital presence on the Internet
- Finding creative ways to increase CASTAC’s visibility among faculty and graduate students in Anthropology and STS programs, and looking for opportunities to get people in these programs involved with CASTAC, for example, through contributions to the blog
- Promoting CASTAC’s blog on social media and the web
- Working closely with the blog Editor-in-Chief and blog team in order to disseminate news and content from CASTAC
- Promoting discussion on blog posts.
The social media Outreach Manager is a two-year position (December 2015 to December 2017) reporting directly to the CASTAC Co-Chairs and working closely with the blog team. This position may be held in addition to the position of Associate Editor on The CASTAC Blog, but it is a separate office within CASTAC, with organization-wide scope.
Interested candidates should send a CV and 1 page description of their qualifications and ideas for how they would approach the position. The application should be sent to Jenny Carlson (email@example.com) by November 15, 2014. Please indicate if you will be attending the AAA meetings in Washington, DC.
The CASTAC Blog is also seeking two Associate Editors to join our dynamic team. During the year-long position in 2015, responsibilities will include bringing 4-5 posts to the blog within a specific topic area. Posts should generally be solicited from external authors, scholars, and practitioners, but should also include a few posts written by the Associate Editor as needed and/or appropriate. Associate Editors will also be responsible for facilitating co-ordination between authors and the Editor, light copy editing, and closely tracking correspondence via email or possibly occasionally Skype to discuss publishing schedules. Expertise in medical anthropology/STS is particularly welcome, but interested candidates of any subject areas are encouraged to apply. Candidates should send a C.V. and a paragraph describing the subject areas they would like to cover. Please send materials to the Editor-in-Chief, Patricia G. Lange (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 15, 2014.
We look forward to working with you!